Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese a great alternative for dinner dishes
If you can’t eat cream cheese and think all hope is lost… it’s not! Try using Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese to make this delicious carrot gnocchi dish. You and your stomach will thank you!
· 1 cup of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese®
· 1 cup cold mashed potatoes
· 1 medium carrot, grated
· 1 medium shallot, grated
· 4 oz. egg whites
· 1 tsp grated nutmeg
· 1 tsp ground allspice
· 1 tsp salt
· 1/8 tsp white pepper
· 1 dash hot pepper sauce
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 3 tbsp melted margarine
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Using a large bowl, combine all ingredients except flour with hot pepper sauce and mix thoroughly. Work in the flour, until a soft dough is formed.
- Roll dough into long ropes and cut into 1½” pieces. If the dough is sticky, place it in a large pastry bag and pipe the 1“ pieces out into the boiling water. Cook 5 pieces at a time in the boiling water until they float to the top. This process should not exceed 5 minutes.
- Using a colander or paper towel, drain well and place on a heatproof serving dish coated with margarine.
- Drizzle the melted margarine over the gnocchi, and place in the oven until warmed throughout for 15 to 20 minutes.