Sour Supreme Baked Potato
- 1 Whole Potato per Serving
- TOFUTTI SOUR SUPREME®
Take whole washed potato and bake in oven or on the BBQ or “zap” in the microwave to your normal taste. Split the potato while deliciously hot and top with generous portion of Tofutti Sour Supreme. Add other condiments such as chives or pepper to taste.
- 12 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, tops and seeds removed
- 8 oz. TOFUTTI BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE®
- 1 Cup soy milk
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Cup breadcrumbs
- Oil for deep frying
Fill the jalapeño peppers with the TOFUTTI BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE®. Put the soy milk and the flour into two separate bowls. Dip the stuffed jalapeño’s into the soy milk and then into the flour, making sure that they are well-coated. Allow the coated jalapeño’s to dry for about 10 minutes.
Dip the jalapeños into the soy milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs. Allow them to dry then repeat the process to ensure that the entire surface of each jalapeño is coated.
In a large skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil to 370F. Deep fry the jalapeños for about 3 minutes or until golden brown then transfer them to paper towels to drain.
- Cup of TOFUTTI BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE®
- 1 Cup cold mashed potatoes
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium shallot, grated
- 4 oz. Egg whites
- Tsp Grated nutmeg
- Tsp Ground allspice
- Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp white pepper
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp Margarine, melted
Combine all ingredients through hot pepper sauce in a large bowl; mix thoroughly. Work in flour, until a soft dough is formed.
Heat over to 325F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Roll dough into long ropes; cut into 1 ½” long pieces. (If dough is too sticky, place in a large pastry bag, pipe out 1 “ long pieces, 5 at a time, into the boiling water.) Cook pieces 5 at a time, in the boiling water until they float to the top but no longer than 5 minutes.
Drain well in a colander or on paper toweling; place on a well-margarined, heatproof serving dish.
Drizzle melted margarine over gnocchi. Place in oven until warmed through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 1 Container of TOFUTTI BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE®
- 2 large wheat Tortilla
- 1 bundle of green onions (chopped)
- 1 small pack of craisins OR Cup chopped spicy jalapeño peppers
Mix all above together and mound half across the center of each tortilla. Roll tortilla and wrap in cling wrap; refrigerate until hardened. Slice into rolls.
- 1lb of fresh large mushrooms
- 4oz Egg whites
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Teaspoon of oregano
- 4oz TOFUTTI BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE®
- Cup matzo meal.
Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Put stems in blender with Egg Watchers, Tofutti TOFUTTI BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE®, salt, pepper and oregano. Add matzo meal. Fill mushroom caps Place in greased pan and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
Creamy Salsa Dip
- 1 Tbsp TOFUTTI BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE®
- 1 Tbsp Chunky Salsa
- 9 Crackers
- 1/4 cup total carrot and celery sticks
Spread cream cheese spread onto small plate; top with salsa.
Serve as a dip with crackers and carrot or celery sticks.
Veggie Pasta Primavera
- 1 Pkg (1 lb) linguine or fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 bag (10 oz) baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (8 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 container (8 oz) TOFUTTI Garden Veggie BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE®
- 1/2 cup soy milk 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
Cook pasta as directed on package, adding spinach, peppers and mushrooms to the cooking water for the last 5 min. of the pasta cooking time. Remove pasta mixture from pan; drain.
Add cream cheese spread and milk to pan; cook and stir on low heat until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
Return pasta mixture to pan. Add basil; mix lightly.
Vegetarian lavash wrap with Tofutti and Hummus
- 2 whole wheat lavash (or flour tortilla)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 roma tomato, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 medium-sized artichoke hearts (in water), chopped or sliced
- 1 small carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 avocado, sliced Baby lettuce mix (or whatever you have on hand)
- 4 tablespoons Tofutti cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite hummus
Spread 2 tablespoons of Toffuti and hummus onto the middle of the lavash. Top each lavash with thinly sliced bell peppers, sliced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, carrots, 1/4 of the sliced avocado, and a little lettuce mix. Roll each of them up tightly and cut in half on a diagonal.
Makes 2 servings.