Craving carrot cake? Try using Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese to make cream cheese frosting
Who doesn’t love a moist carrot cake topped with rich, fluffy cream cheese frosting? Just because you can’t eat regular cream cheese doesn’t mean you have to eat your carrot cake plain. Try using Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese to whip up this delicious treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup drained crushed canned pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 tub (227g) Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups icing sugar
1. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch cake pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In large bowl, whisk dry ingredient together – flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, mix granulated and brown sugars, eggs, oil and vanilla. Once wet ingredients are mixed, add to dry mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in carrots, pineapple and pecans and pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack.
4. To make the icing, beat butter and Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and icing sugar one cup at a time until smooth.
5. Once cool, spread icing over cake.