Peach Melba a la Tofutti
- 1 Cup Vanilla TOFUTTI PREMIUM® non-dairy frozen dessert
- 2 Peach Halves, Canned or Fresh
- 2 Tbsp. Raspberry Preservatives, Melted
Spoon ½ cup Tofutti into each peach half. Drizzle raspberry preservatives over top of Tofutti. Makes 2 Servings.
Chocolate Banana Pie
- 3 Cups Chocolate TOFUTTI PREMIUM® non-dairy frozen dessert
- 1 Banana, Sliced
- 1 Cup Oats
- ¼ Cup Margarine, Melted
- 1/3 Cup Walnuts, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine oats, margarine, sugar, and nuts in 9” pie pan and press down and up sides of pan forming a crust. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Layer cooled crust with banana slices and completely cover with slightly softened Tofutti. Serve immediately or freeze. Garnish with small amount of shaved chocolate or banana slices before serving.
No Bake Raspberry “Better Than Cream Cheese” Cake
- 1 Cup Chocolate Wafer Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Margarine, Melted
- 1 Pkg. (227 gr.) TOFUTTI BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE®
- 1 Can (341 ml) Frozen Concentrated Raspberry Juice, Thawed
- 2 Tbsp. Icing Sugar
- 1 Litre Whipped Topping, Thawed
Crust – Combine crumbs and margarine. Press onto bottom of a 9” spring form pan. Place crust in freezer for 15 minutes.
Filling – Place TOFUTTI BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE®, raspberry concentrate and icing sugar in blender. Beat on high speed until smooth. Pour into large bowl and fold in whipped topping. Pour into large bowl and fold in whipped topping. Pour filling over prepared crust. Freeze until firm (approx. 4 hours). Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Vegan Sugar Cookies
This recipe was taken from www.johnandkristie.com. This makes about 36 cookies.
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegan white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 whole egg replacements
- 1/4 cup Tofutti cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar.
Add or stir in the egg replacements and vanilla. Gradually add the flour, baking powder and Tofutti cream cheese.
You may have to use your hands at this point to finish the mixing. Form the dough into a long loaf, or divide in half and press into two flat rounds, and wrap in cellophane. Refrigerate for a couple hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the cookie sheets, use a non-stick foil or parchment paper.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place about 1 inch apart cookie on sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms and edges just start to get light brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract (I used vanilla extract instead)
- 6-8 teaspoons of soy milk or another non-dairy milk
- Assorted food coloring
- 4 teaspoons of light corn syrup (I used agave nectar)
In medium bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar and soy milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup (or agave) and almond extract (or vanilla extract) until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup/agave.
Add food coloring to desired intensity. To make pink I used probably 2 or 3 drops of red, and to make purple I used about 5 drops of red and one drop of blue.
Dip cookies and allow to dry. You can dry them overnight or for a couple of hours before storing.